Right, I’m sure you all want to begin reading Floodland after just studying the cover yesterday.
Below is a video of me reading the pages (please do excuse any mistakes, I’ve tried to correct them) and then a PDF so you can check at your own pace. I suggest you watch me reading first to get a rough idea of the chapter, then use the PDF to help you answer the questions. Answers are then below.
1. Vocabulary: What phrase on Page 7 shows you that Zoe is quickly leaving Norwich behind? [1 mark]
2. Infer: Why does Zoe think the boat could possibly have already been found? [Page 5] [1 mark]
3. Predict: Predict where Zoe’s travels will take her. [2 marks]
4. Explain: Do you like Zoe? Why? [2 marks]
5. Retrieve: What is the name of the friend that Zoe leaves behind? [1 mark]
6. Summarise: Summarise Zoe’s escape from Norwich in twenty words or less. [3 marks]