In this chapter, we were introduced to The Emperor. For your task, I would like you to consider what you have found out about him. Choose either the green or purple tasks (most of you should be completing purple, this is the Year 6 style question).
Copy and complete these sentences:
- The Emperor’s official name was Creaoth the ______.
- The Emperor loved eating ___________.
- The Emperor’s map showed the way to retrieve the _________.
- Kestrel has to follow the map so that Amaranth with be free of the ______.
- As he was so tired from his visitor, the Emperor just went to ________.
When you have finished, mark these with the answers below.
These are three mark questions. Remember, you need to provide two points with evidence.
- What can Kestrel see from the tower beyond the city walls? [3 marks]
- Why does the emperor say that he is ‘a disgrace to his ancestors’? [3 marks]
- Why do you think that Kestrel is the chosen one to retrieve the wind singer? [3 marks]