At All Saints’ we receive pupil premium funding which is additional to main school funding. This funding is allocated to schools for disadvantaged pupils in order to close the national achievement gap between disadvantaged pupils and other pupils. Pupil premium is allocated for:
- Pupils who receive free school meals (this is NOT the same as universal free meals for EYFS & KS1 pupils).
- Looked after or previously looked after pupils (Children adopted from care or who have a Special Guardianship or Residence Order)
- Pupils with parents in the armed services.
Your child may be eligible for Free School Meals / Pupil Premium funding if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
Pupil Premium Funding is currently £1345 for pupils who receive Free school Meals or have done in the last 6 years, £2345 for looked after children and £310 for services pupils.
If you feel your child should be receiving pupil premium funding, it is important to apply and let school know so your child does not miss out on vital support.
The Government believes it is for schools to decide how the Pupil Premium, allocated to schools is spent, since they are best placed to assess what additional provision should be made for the individual pupils within their responsibility. Schools are required to publish online information about how they have used Pupil Premium. This will ensure that parents and others are made fully aware of the attainment of pupils covered by the Premium.
Please read the information below which gives details of our Pupil Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
Please note - due to the first lockdown Pupil Premium impact will be reported in March 2021