Welcome to the Year 5 class page!
We have an interesting and exciting Autumn term to look forward to!
The adults supporting the class are Mrs Fern, Mrs Sheppard and Miss Attwood.
PE days are every Thursday and we ask that pupils come into school in their PE uniform on this day please.
We are going to be exploring the topic of World War II. Throughout this term we will be exploring the following questions:
- What lessons have we learnt from WWII?
- How did location have an impact on the war?
We will then collaboratively work on the following projects:
- Programme an interactive WWII adventure
- Research war memorials and create your own to honour the fallen
- Create a nutritious menu under ration conditions
In our English lessons, we will be writing a diary, a playscript and writing poetry inspired by the poem In Flanders Fields. Our class reader for this term will be Goodnight Mr Tom.
Alongside this, we will also consider:
- Creation and Science: conflicting or complementary?
- How does the Earth fit into our solar system?
- How can we observe forces?
In PSHE, we will create our class flag to ensure that we work as a successful and cooperative Year 5 team. In PE, the sports of football and netball will be taught, whilst in maths, we will explore place value, the four operations, statistics and perimeter and area. In music, we will be learning about rock music and playing an accompaniment to a song. In Spanish we will learn to talk our way through the school day.
We have an exciting and busy term ahead!